Friday, July 8, 2011

This is why there have been no posts lately!

I just moved to New Jersey yesterday.  So far, so good!  The hardest part will be getting used to not having a car, but today I successfully took the campus circulator bus and only had to ask once where I was!  The area is beautiful.  I'm a little nervous for classes to start on Monday since everybody keeps telling me to enjoy the last few days of freedom I have.  I just bought my books for Hebrew and some flash cards.  They were $140 all together, which didn't seem bad at first until I realized that its all for one class (but the class is a year's worth of learning in 8 weeks...So that really makes it at least two courses...). 
Our apartment is nice but I am glad it is only temporary until we move into the brand new ones in September.  There isn't a whole lot of space.  I told my folks yesterday that Brent should probably get his own place... LOL.  They helped me move in and it was much appreciated.  I'm glad they insisted I get some furniture since everything is still back in WI.  Even after a serious Target shopping spree, I still have a folding chair, a camping chair, and a blow-up bed (and a fantastic area rug that was on clearance for $20).  After last night, I've decided the floor may be more comfortable than the inflatable mattress!
I've already decided to stay in seminary forever.  Everyone is ridiculously nice and makes a point to introduce themselves and offer up some type of respite. 
I've never lived so close to major shopping, which is great except I am already broke :)
The biggest grocery store I've ever seen (a Whole Foods x 4) is 2 blocks away, a Trader Joe's is less than a mile away, and every other store you've heard of and some you haven't are within 3 miles. 
Now if only some company would hire my hubby so he can join me on our adventure...

Here's a few pictures:
Templeton Hall (where Admissions and Housing Offices are located)

The white building is Miller Chapel.



Our apartment building (kind of an eyesore!)
I have a back log of recipes I'll try to post soon, before Hebrew starts and my free time is pretty much over!

No comments:

Post a Comment