Monday, July 18, 2011

A walk in the woods...

I've been taking walks in every possible direction to get my bearings and to get out of the apartment.  With no social activity this weekend, I could have easily never left.  One of the last directions I had to explore was down behind our apartment on the path past the public golf course.  I knew the Delaware and Raritan Canal was back there somewhere, dividing us from campus, so I decided to check it out.

All of this is just a few minutes from my door:

A bridge over the Canal.

Another bridge over the Canal.



The Delaware and Raritan Canal was built/dredged in the 1830s to connect the Delaware River and the Raritan River, along easier, faster travel between Philadelphia, PA and New York.  Today, most of it has been declared a state park.  It really makes me wish Brent and I had invested in some kayaks last year when we were toying with the idea...Except it would have been a pain to transport them out and we would have been too broke to move :(



Here's the first picture of me in New Jersey.  I thought maybe seeing it would make it seem more real to myself!

Proof I was there?!

The Dupree Center for Children
This last one is of the Dupree Center for Children- a daycare center for PTS and the local area that shares a building with the study lounge and computer lab on campus.  It looks as though they have a vegetable garden.  Cute!  I walked past it on my excursion.  Probably won't be needing the center, but it is good to know about.

I've been putting off studying all day since my brain has hurt since I woke up.  Not a good start to the week, but I'll manage.

Hebrew update:  I got my first D on a quiz on Friday.  I was expecting as much and am thankful it stumped me so I had one final push to turn in that pass/fail form.  I got an A- on today's quiz, so it all works out.  Word has it they are going to let us drop a couple low scores.  Here's hoping.

Blessings,

Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment