Friday, March 4, 2011

Vegan Spinach Dip

Pretty much everything in Trader Joe's qualifies as "a guilty pleasure" for me.  "Why guilty?" You ask.  "Isn't almost everything there all natural and inexpensive?" You say. 
Well folks, everything there is a guilty pleasure for me because I buy too much and eat too much from that store!!  I can fill a cart at Trader Joe's and go there weekly, but rarely leave with items I need... just snacks, treats, and lots of wine.
One of our favorite dips to totally binge on from Trader Joe's is their Spinach Dip. 

Today I made vegan version that is surprisingly delicious (I'm still surprised when something vegan is tasty; give me time!).

The carrots and tomatoes add just enough color and crunch.
  
Vegan Spinach Dip
Source: Me!

Ingredients:
10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain soy yogurt (or you could try vegan sour cream)
2 tbsp vegan cream cheese (room temp. for easy mixing)
4 scallions, chopped
3-5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or pressed
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
2 baby carrots, finely chopped
2 tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped

Directions:
1. Use a fork to "fluff" and separate spinach in a medium size bowl.
2. Mix spinach with all of the rest of the ingredients.
3. Cover and chill to let flavors blend 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment