Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A New Friend

My kitchen is easily the most well stocked room in the house.  As any cooking and baking enthusiast can attest, I will always have a wish list of kitchen gear- there will always be more things I could use!  But, I'm also a believer in minimalism, especially when I move almost every year and see no end to this in the foreseeable future thanks to graduate school.  So, I say "no" to a lot of kitchen items I want, because as much as I might want to cook or bake with it, I don't want to haul it across the country with me in September.  I do make exceptions; here is one of those:
I have been using my cell phone as a kitchen timer, which only results in my phone routinely being covered in flour and mess.  Not a good idea.
Then I saw him at Bed Bath and Beyond and it was love at first sight.  He's no good for timely things exactly or for anything under 5 minutes, but he's going to be a staple in my kitchen wherever I go.  He joins my pig salt and pepper shakers from NYC, my pig candy dish from my dorm mate my freshman year at college, and my giant pig clock handmade by my engineer brother.  Someday Brent and I may need his and hers kitchens, as mine is being overrun by pink friendly livestock.

1 comment: