Monday, March 21, 2011

Quick Ganache Truffles

Sorry for a slow down on the posting front.  My life has been taken over by two adorable but neurotic poodles that I am dogsitting.  Between them and scholarship applications, I haven't hardly been in the kitchen.  This is probably while I'm a little neurotic myself right now.
Luckily, there is a cure.  Chocolate!  And, given that this has been a week where most of the food in the fridge almost or completely went bad before we had time to make anything, I'm glad that this recipe used up leftovers.


Ingredients for ganache:
4 oz. bittersweet baker’s chocolate
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter at room temperature
1 teaspoon Irish Whiskey

Directions for ganache truffles:
1. Refrigerate ganache until it has hardened.
2. Spoon ganache into your hands, rolling quickly to form a ball.
3. Roll the ball of ganache in cocoa powder, nuts, sugar, or coconut as desired.
4. Place balls back into the fridge to set.

Notes:
- This is a great use for left over ganache.  These truffles are very soft, even when chilled.  You can also coat them in melted chocolate to make them have a shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment