Sunday, February 20, 2011

Saturday at the Capitol

‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

Brent and I, along with some friends, decided to check out the 5th day of rallying for workers' rights at the Capitol.  We even made our own signs!  It was very special to see so many people (60,000) getting together to have a voice in the democratic process... Now if only Governor Walker would start listening...
The day also marked an important moment in my personal life- For the first time since my last fateful run in May, I was able to walk the path of that run!  This is a big deal for me, especially with the complications that followed my 2nd surgery and led to a 3rd.  We actually walked from our apartment to the Capitol and back (5 miles)!  Today my legs feel great.  That is something to feel truly blessed about!
Now some photos:
This guy's toga was made out of candy.
He attracted a lot of signatures for his petition.
These were people in the rotunda. 
As you can see, there was drumming and a megaphone.  It was loud, but you actually can't hear it through the marble walls in the offices :(

 
Some of the signs were very creative and
there were tons of children joining in the cheers.

Another view inside of the Capitol.
We all have a stake in this!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you had a blog Cal! I'm really happy to hear that your legs are feeling better, and that you made it down to the Capital. I'm so amazed that every day we go down it seems to be bigger and bigger. Hopefully something good will come out of it. :)

    -Molly

    ReplyDelete