Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vegan Herb Potato Salad

I love creamy potato salad AND I love vegannaise, so I made my own version.  Results?  A huge success!  I really doubt anyone would be able to tell that this is vegan.
I love baby potatoes, especially the purple ones.  I try to eat several different colors everyday and the purple potatoes definitely fill in a void for purple foods in my life.


Potato salad!


Look at those colors (read: vitamins)




Vegan Herb Potato Salad
By: me!
Yield: 4-6 servings

Ingredients:
1 lb of baby potatoes, scrubbed clean and chopped into large bite-size pieces
1/4-1/3 cup vegannaise
1/4-1/3 cup vegan sour cream (look for non-hydrogenated versions)
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
2-3 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1/2 small lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Place potatoes in bottom of a large pot.  Add water to just cover potatoes.  Salt the water.  Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
2. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup vegannaise, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp olive oil, dill, salt and pepper, lemon juice and onion.
3.  While potatoes are still warm, mix with vegannaise mixture.  If the potatoes need more dressing, adjust the amounts of vegannaise, sour cream, and olive oil.  Season to taste.
4. Chill salad for at least 1 hour.  The flavors work best after it has chilled for several hours.  Season again before eating as flavors will combine and change over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment