Sunday, December 8, 2013

24 weeks


So this sweater isn't doing me any favors, but then again this sweater has never, ever been very flattering.  It is one of the many odd things my mom sent me in high school.  You know, because everyone in high school wishes they had Coldwater Creek sweaters.  But, now it is sentimental and I decided to wear it in honor of 1) our first legitimate snowfall (if 1-3 inches even counts as legit), and 2) I needed a picture to send to my mom and figured, why not?  Maybe it will make her smile, and 3) I have my first Christmas party of the year (a cookie exchange!!) tonight. 
Anyway, my bump is a lot bigger, but probably not quite as huge as this picture seems to indicate.

Also, Brent doesn't understand why one picture of the entire pregnancy will not suffice. 

Updates:
- We finally started our registries and picked out some essentials in the time between midterms and finals.  Our trip to Babies R Us was actually kind of wonderful.  Brent did not pass out.  Instead, he put his engineering skills to use trying to figure out how to collapse various strollers.  The one we ended up picking out- the Britax B-Agile- was the most user-friendly and took the least time to figure out.  We are registered at Babies R Us and also set up a universal registry on Amazon.com. 
- Brent and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving between celebrating with vegetarians in New Jersey and then with his sister, her husband, and their friends in Vermont.  Unfortunately, Thanksgiving coincided with the point in this pregnancy when I no longer have much room in my tummy for all of the things I want to eat = worst Thanksgiving gut ache ever.  I couldn't even eat on Friday.  Also, traveling is no longer very comfortable.  Good thing we are staying put from here on out!
- At our monthly midwife appointment on Thursday, we found out my glucose may be high.  Please pray that it was a fluke and that I pass my official glucose test next month.  The thought of gestational diabetes terrifies me between the restricted diet, the counting of carbs and protein (especially during the holidays), finger pricks, and the potential for a giant baby and health complications for both of us. Apparently it is just something that happens to some women and doesn't mean I did anything wrong, but it still stinks.
- In better appointment news, the baby's heartbeat was nice and strong.  One midwife joked that it sounded like a girl's heartbeat.  She said she likes to guess but that she will change her mind again and again!  It's an old wives' tale anyway, but it is fun to guess.  The baby was also very active at our appointment and we could listen to him/her squirm and see the movement across my belly at the same time.  I love, love, love that I can feel him/her all the time now.

I should get back to writing finals. It is hard to believe that in less than two weeks I'll be done with my masters work.  I will really, truly miss this place and all of the awesome people that we have met.  We've been blessed with so much over the past two and a half years.

Blessings,
Callie

Note: if you leave a comment please leave your name if you don't have an account, otherwise it just says "from Anonymous."  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment